What is STAY on Friday?
STAY on Friday is the St Andrews Youth weekly youth club. It meets on Friday evenings, in the Ark, from 6.45pm-8.15pm. The address is; The Ark, St Andrews Church, Thames Street, Sonning, RG4 6UR.
Who attends STAY on Friday?
We get an average of 30-40 youth each week and on the fourth Friday of each month we welcome all the local year 6 children, to aid with their transition to secondary school. These weeks we get nearer 60 young people turning up, which is brilliant fun & high octane! The young people come from the local area and amazingly 15 schools are represented by all those who attend.
What activities are there?
The young people get to play pool, xbox, 4 square, air hockey, table tennis, kubb, frisbee, swingball and giant garden games.
But the best thing about the youth club has to be the monthly ‘doughnut wall’ where we stack 60 doughnuts onto our very own STAY for doughnuts wall!
There’s also opportunities to bake yummy treats in the kitchen and share them with the rest of youth club.
What’s the final thought?
Each week we end with a final thought.
The youth choose the topics and they range from; mental health to social media and managing siblings through to friendships!
What else do STAY do?
There are loads of other activities that the St Andrews Youth (STAY) get involved with throughout the year, including;
– STAY on Sunday – on the 2nd, 4th & 5th Sundays of the month we run a group for young people who want to deepen their Christian faith. We do this in the upper room of the Ark with videos, games, donuts, chats and reading the Bible together.
– STAY in the Holidays – during school holidays we go out on fun trips like; ice skating, rock climbing, lagoona park, laser quest and crazy golf.
– STAY in the Community – throughout the year we get involved with local initiatives like; activities at Sunrise Home for the elderly & The Big Clean, a locally run litter pick.
– STAY for Special Events – during the year we also celebrate together, events like;
– Christmas with a dance party.
– Shrove Tuesday with a pancake party.
– Easter weekend with an Easter egg hunt, bbq and bouncy castle.
– A Light Party on October 31st with laser tag, s’mores and a firepit.
For more information on any of the STAY events and activities please email Westy, the youth minister, on firstname.lastname@example.org