Jubilee Hall

Jubilee Hall

In November 2016 the PCC informed the five users of the Jubilee Hall that in order to comply with their responsibilities as stewards of Anglican ministry within the parish of Charvil, Sonning and Sonning Eye, they felt they had no choice but to close the hall and seek another future for the site. In May 2017 the last user vacated the premises.

A working party has explored a number of possible options and they then reported their recommendations to the full PCC in September 2017. The PCC has now decided to proceed to sell the site via a sealed bid process, managed by professional agents. This decision has been ratified by the Diocesan Authority and is therefore final. The deed of the original gift of land stated that if the church decided to dispose of the land all proceeds must be spent on “ecclesiastical purposes within the parish”.

The PCC has therefore decided that, after the sale, a house will be purchased to provide accommodation for a new youth minister who will work at St. Andrew’s, in the community and also in all our local schools, thereby providing both Christian ministry and a public benefit, in keeping with the original purpose of the building when opened in 1952.

St Andrew’s Parochial Church Council 27.2.18